Fairgrounds St. Pete is seeking an upbeat, energetic, and enthusiastic, customer-focused individual to join our team! In this position, you will work alongside the Experience Manager supporting the entire experience operation. In this position, you will supervise and participate in the day-to-day operation of the Fairgrounds St. Pete immersive experience while focusing on maximizing the guest experience. The ideal candidate is passionate about engaging with guests to provide positive remarkable and memorable experiences. With previous experience in supervising/managing retail, quick service restaurants, museums, live event or theme park operations this person is excited to join the team and support Tampa Bay’s first destination for experiencing immersive art and technology that highlights weird, wacky, wonderful Florida.
- Provides excellent customer service to all patrons and business partners.
- Resolves customer issues in a courteous, timely and efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Assists Experience Manager with the recruitment, retention, supervision and development of a talented team.
- Facilitates training of new staff members and ambassadors
- Ensures the facility and scenic components are well maintained and fully functional at all times
- Manages and oversees crowd control and flow of the experience.
- Creates the weekly schedule and daily rotation of all ambassadors.
- Takes responsibility in absence of the Experience Manager overseeing daily operations, opening/closing, and ensuring technical and staff resources are met.
- Supervises team members to include scheduling, time-keeping, training (new hire and ongoing) and ensures team members adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Ensures that all special events are executed properly to Fairgrounds St. Pete standards.
- Tracks attendance and coordinates shift coverage for call-outs.
- 2 years or more in a supervisory role in a museum, retail, arts, live event, and/or hospitality setting
- Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Embrace and model Fairgrounds St. Pete Culture of art for all, play for all, joy for all
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Strong sense of responsibility and a professional presentation
- Have strong listening and communication skills
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
- Ability to work under pressure with a heightened sense of urgency
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and the use of a ladder
- Proficient in Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, and Drive)
- Masks must be worn at all times when inside the offices, exhibit, and building.
- Social distancing guidelines apply.
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with HR and new hire procedures
- Artistic graphics design experience
- Experience with Hotschedules
- Location: St. Pete, Florida
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Working environment is unique and varies from: office, warehouse, and immersive exhibit
For more information about Fairgrounds St. Pete and to apply for this position please visit our website.
To apply text "Art for All" to 1-727-756-8668