Fairgrounds St. Pete is seeking an upbeat, customer-focused individual to join our team. In this position you will work alongside the Experience Manager supporting the Fairgrounds St. Pete Shop and box office operation. You will also supervise and participate in the day-to-day operations of The Shop while focusing on maximizing retail potential. In addition, you will supervise the box office ensuring the check-in and ticket purchasing process is smooth and efficient. The ideal candidate is passionate about engaging with guests to provide remarkable experiences, with previous involvement in supervising/managing retail, quick service restaurants, museums, live event or theme park operations. If you love working in a fast-paced team environment which interacts with many people where no two days are the same, we hope you’ll consider applying!
- Provides excellent customer service to all patrons and business partners.
- Resolves customer issues in a courteous, timely and efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Assists Experience Manager with the recruitment, retention, supervision and development of a talented team.
- Ensures merchandise is set according to the presentation plan and analyzes merchandising trends both in store and online.
- Manages and oversees crowd control and flow of the immersive experience.
- Monitors ingress and egress.
- Oversees ticketing and retail operations to include generating financial reports, credit card handling procedures with regard to daily receipts and deposits, and maintaining stock
- Takes responsibility in absence of the Experience Manager and oversees daily operations, opening/closing, and ensures all technical and staff resources are met.
- Supervises team members to include scheduling, time-keeping, training (new hires and ongoing), and ensuring team members adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Keeps the inventory and stockroom organized by receiving, transferring, packing, stocking and ticketing merchandise.
- Minimum 2 years or more in a supervisory role in a museum, retail, arts, live event, and/or hospitality setting
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
- Embrace and model Fairgrounds St. Pete Culture of art for all, play for all, joy for all
- Ability to work under pressure with a heightened sense of urgency
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Strong sense of responsibility and a professional presentation
- Have strong listening and communication skills
- Strong merchandising skills
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and use of a ladder
- Prior cash handling experience
- Proficient in Google Suite (Sheets, Docs and Drive)
- Masks must be worn at all times when inside the offices, exhibit, and building.
- Social distancing guidelines apply.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with developing or setting up a new Point of Sale system
- E-commerce development and execution
- Artistic graphic design experience
- Understand, Interpret and Create Business analytics
- Previous experience in a box office/ticketing setting
- Location: St. Pete, Florida
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Working environment is unique and varies from: office, warehouse and exhibit
To apply text "Art for All" to 1-727-756-8668
For more information about Fairgrounds St. Pete and to apply for this position please visit our website.