Back for its ninth year, October 13-22, 2023, the SHINE St. Petersburg Mural Festival has curated another impressive line-up of mural artists from the Tampa Bay area and beyond.
Adding to the city’s diverse collection of outdoor art, SHINE continues to celebrate art in public spaces while elevating the medium of mural art and championing St. Petersburg as an arts destination worldwide.
SHINE will add 14 new murals throughout the art districts plus a series of street art related events, tours, and community Bright Spot projects. For artist bios, the 2023 map of murals, Bright Spot project information and full event details, visit www.stpeteartsalliance.org/shine-2023.
- Andrea Wan, Canada
- Dave Bonzai, London
- Bryan Beyung, Canada
- Loretta Lizzio, Australia
- Bunnie Reiss, California
- Hannah Eddy, Nevada
- Hoxxoh, Miami
- Max Sansing, Chicago
- Artist Jones, Tampa
- Chris Dyer, St. Petersburg/Peru
- Fabstraq, Tampa
- Michael Vasquez, St. Petersburg/Miami
- Rhys Meatyard, St. Petersburg
- Sarah Sheppard, St. Petersburg
Bright Spot Projects:
- “Girl Power” with The Happy Mural Project and Girl Scouts of West Central Florida. A color by number mural hosted by Alyssa Marie of The Happy Mural Project and completed by Girl Scouts of West Central Florida, designed to inspire and empower girls and young women through art.
- Chenlin Cai and The James Museum of Western & Wildlife Art. The James Museum partners with Chenlin Cai to create a mural that is an extension of The James Museum's special Exhibition From Far East to West: The Chinese American Frontier to highlight the resiliency and self-determination of Chinese Americans who helped build the American West. Cai's work explores the dichotomy between the two cultures he inhabits, and this project speaks to identity and community and how the past can impact the present.
The annual SHINE Mural Festival, produced by the St. Petersburg Arts Alliance is grateful for the support of its first two-year Title Sponsor, REFLECTION; a partnership that will culminate with a four-story mural on the façade of the luxury condo building for SHINE’s 10-year milestone in 2024.
“St. Petersburg is a vibrant and growing community due in large part to its commitment to the arts. REFLECTION St. Pete was designed to incorporate the art and character of St. Petersburg into a modern luxury residence. We are excited to be SHINE’s title sponsor for the next two years and make REFLECTION St. Pete a landmark for the living arts in downtown St. Petersburg,” remarked HP Capital Partner Fred Hemmer.
SHINE Year 9 is produced by the St. Petersburg Arts Alliance with support from the City of St. Petersburg. Sponsored in part by the State of Florida Division of Arts and Culture, the National Endowment for the Arts, Visit St. Pete/Clearwater, PODS Moving & Storage, Great Bay Distributors. Additional sponsors listed on our website.