There are many ways to SUPPORT St. Petersburg’s thriving arts community. From Arts Advocacy to becoming an Arts Business Partner, your actions and your choices make a crucial difference.
When you explore local galleries and visit artist studios during Second Saturday ArtWalk and shop local – you’re supporting working artists. When you take a class, attend a performance, volunteer at an arts organization or write a letter supporting arts in schools, you’re part of the arts in St. Petersburg.
Your partnership with the St. Petersburg Arts Alliance is an investment in this vibrant community that values creativity – and does everything possible to allow the arts to flourish.
When you donate to the St. Petersburg Arts Alliance, you help us provide professional training for artists, assist students struggling to afford arts classes and support community arts projects. Your contribution helps us organize arts events open to everyone – Second Saturday ArtWalk and the SHINE Mural Festival – and celebrate the arts and working artists every day.
Volunteers are vital to SPAA as we advocate for the arts, empower artists and creative businesses, drive arts-related economic development in St. Petersburg and support in-school, after-school and professional education programs. Both in-person and virtual volunteering opportunities are available.
We’re excited to introduce a variety of volunteering initiatives that will help us unite the community in support of the arts.
Current Volunteer Opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- NEW! Arts Survey Ambassadors: Our Arts Survey Ambassadors are art lovers & volunteers who distribute the Arts & Economic Prosperity Survey to attendees at cultural events all around St Pete. This is a national effort through our collaboration with Americans for the Arts. The information gathered leads to consistent funding for the arts, and builds awareness by connecting with community members about the importance of participating in arts & cultural experiences. To learn more and join the program, click here!
- NEW! Students Embracing the Arts (SEA): SEA is our newest program that aims to unite local college students in support of the arts. SEA members will advocate for the arts, and strengthen their connection to the St.Petersburg arts community by supporting community events, and making new friends. To learn more and join the program, click here!
- NEW! Second Saturday ArtWalk Trolley Guides: The ArtWalk Trolley returns! SPAA is seeking to train interested art & history lovers to be energetic and knowledgeable trolley guides who share enlightening details about the history of the arts in St Pete as guests enjoy this fun and free transportation from one gallery/studio to another.
SPAA has several large events each year, and we continue to coordinate additional experiences to uplift, support, and advocate for the arts and artists in St Pete. Event volunteers greet and check-in guests, help with set up or break down, and foster a friendly and welcoming social environment for all. Annual events include:
- SHINE Mural Festival
- MUSE Awards
- ACE Principals Breakfast, and other arts education events
- SPAA Garden Party, and other fundraising events throughout the year
SPAA is always seeking support to help us share and spotlight special experiences and events that we are involved in throughout the community. This could be anything from photography/videography, to graphic design or other media support.
To join us, please fill out the form below! We'll reach out to you with specific opportunities, and more as they become available.
The Arts Alliance office is currently located in the St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce, with on-street or Sundial Garage parking.
On the local, state and national levels – now more than ever – the ARTS need strong advocates.
Throughout the summer of 2022, SPAA invited local performing artists and leaders to a 3-series retreat. The goal was for SPAA staff and leadership to listen, learn, and collaborate with artists and organizations to explore needs, and find a unified vision for the growth and impact of the performing arts in our city. Each retreat focused on key components in St Pete’s Comprehensive Arts Strategy, defining how SPAA can help to actively strengthen the presence and influence of Performing Artists and Organizations in St Petersburg.