The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance (SPAA) partnered with the Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs to establish an Individual Artist Grant Program in 2016. For our eighth year, SPAA is proud to be able to award 20 artists with a $1,000 grant! In addition, funding from the John Collins Arts Endowment Grant will award another artist a grant of $1,650!
These grants are intended to provide financial assistance and incentives to St. Petersburg artists for projects that support public engagement of their work in visual arts, dance, music, digital, literary arts, and theater. This year’s grant recipients include eleven visual artists, three artists in the music industry, two photographers, and artists in theater, dance, film and two glass artists as well.
John Collins Arts Endowment Grant
The John Collins Arts Endowment Grant recipient is David Manson who will be creating a new Jazz Music Composition.
Individual Artist Grant
- Amy Wolf - Larger-than-life suspended figures
- Brandy Stark - Temporary Paranormal Museum featuring ghost stories from St. Petersburg.
- Caleb Baker - “My Brothers’ Keeper Project” dance performance
- Courtney Dodson - Mixed media exhibit on feminism and sexuality
- Domenico Pontoriero - 5-minute film featuring a local performing artist executing a choreographed dance to an original, musical piece produced by a local musician.
- Donald Gialanella - Film - Diversity 2022 - A Portrait of the Local Community
- Elaine Chambliss - STRINGS-n-ART FEST on the DEUCES
- G.J.(Greg) Thompson - Shakespeare Short Presentations
- Jack Alden – Exhibit of re-worked recycled glass bottles into utilitarian glass sculptures
- John Gascot - Diversity Interactive Game
- Karen Porter - Group art show featuring artists in the community who don’t have their own space to show their work
- Letisia Cruz – Ritual: series of 10 ink illustrations
- Luci Westphal - “St. Pete Moving Still”
- Marian Tagliarino - Portraits of Pinellas County seniors
- Matthew Szidik - Three large scale fungi sculptures
- Michael Satino - Light painting photography
- Robyn Crosa - Mixed Media Visual Arts Exhibit
- Siobhan Roland - The Motherland Festival
- Xina Scuderi - Architecture and waterscapes photography series
The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance strives to be the community voice for the arts -- empowering artists, arts organizations and creative businesses to work collaboratively. As an umbrella arts organization, we advocate for the arts, facilitate the growth of the arts community, and drive arts-related economic development in St. Petersburg.
Applications for the 2023 Individual Grant Program will in March of 2023.