The Florida Holocaust Museum in downtown St. Petersburg is seeking a Visitor Services Manager. This is a part-time position that oversees all aspects of Visitor Services.
This position manages the operations of our ticketing and welcome desk including responsibility for scheduling, supervision and training of visitor service associates. The VSM oversees the daily customer service and ticketing systems.
The role is highly visible to the public and requires an uncompromising focus on customer service. We are looking for a candidate comfortable with data and reporting, focused on the quality of visitor and member experience, experienced in managing visitor services staff and volunteers, and engaged with innovative approaches to connecting with interested visitors. This role requires someone comfortable being both a pragmatic “doer” while also thinking and planning as a leader within their role. This is a hands-on floor-based position and includes accounting and reporting, and revenue management of front desk.
- Maintain a model Visitor Services program that focuses on an excellent visitor experience with low inconvenience and high safety and cleanliness standards, including a clean, organized, professional front desk area.
- Ensure staff and volunteers follow safety protocols and works with security to ensure visitors also follow appropriate safety protocols.
- Coordinate with Security, Visitor Services Associates and volunteers, ensures visitors who do not have prepurchase-timed tickets obtain timed tickets if available.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and training visitor services staff as needed.
- Ensure adequate coverage based on business needs and be prepared to cover open shifts when necessary.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator on the need for and feedback for volunteers.
- Daily oversight of opening and closing procedures, coordinate breaks and lunches.
- Provide coverage personally as necessary, collect cash deposits, generate daily reports.
- Ensure emails to the welcome team email or calls to the main phone line while opened are processed efficiently.
- Serve as first point of contact for any escalated visitor complaints, issues or questions.
- Take appropriate action where necessary regarding access or safety issues in the museum including notifying the Director of Operations.
- Manage ticketing system – Altru. Make suggestions for effective usage of internal reporting systems
- Ensure all reservations are processed in a timely and efficient manner
- Promote museum membership and encourage staff to sell memberships to paid guests.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly sales and demographic reports in a timely fashion.
This position requires the ability to:
- work 3 days a week onsite including Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- be highly organized and timely
- work with multiple technologies
- stand for extended periods of timetroubleshoot and problem solve
- and communicate effectively and courteously with a variety of people verbally and in writing.
- Candidate must be comfortable working with both Windows Office and Google Docs. Experience with Altru is a plus.
- Prior visitor service management experience in a museum setting is highly valued.
- Proven ability to manage a diverse staff, volunteers and customers
- Willingness and ability to work weekends
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will possess all of the above minimum qualifications, as well as the ability to bring creativity and flexibility to problem solving and a dedication to working in a nonprofit, educational organization. We seek enthusiastic team players who are highly self-directed, deadline-oriented, forward thinking and detail oriented.
- This position offers a nonprofit salary commensurate with experience, plus a creative and collaborative work environment.
- Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com