The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance established the Jim Rolston Memorial Professional Development Grant in 2018. The $5,000 grant is intended to provide financial assistance to a St. Petersburg artist for training or education in improving or developing new art forms that will facilitate taking his/her work to the next level.
An accomplished artist and sculptor, Jim Rolston was a founding board member of the St. Petersburg Arts Alliance. He truly found his artistic voice when he was able to devote all of his time to his art after retiring. Continually working to develop his talent, he was committed to arts education and training. Jim’s family and friends established this fund in his memory, feeling that it is a fitting tribute to his belief that an artist’s journey is never over – there is always more to experience and learn.
2021 Jim Rolston Memorial Professional Development Grant
Open: Tuesday, March 30, 10:00 AM
Deadline: Friday, April 16, 5:00 PM
Applications must be submitted via the online application.
Please make sure you have thoroughly reviewed all of the criteria for this grant application. Partial or incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration. If you have specific questions about the grant application please send all inquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be creative! This grant is designed to support the development of an individual artist’s work in the fine arts.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of St. Petersburg
- Students pursuing a degree in higher education are NOT ELIGIBLE. This award cannot pay for tuition to a degree granting program.
- "Accomplished" status may be determined by artistic resume, training, or achievement; catalogs; programs, press clips, and/or articles.
- The applicant must upload three images of his or her artwork on the website
GRANT PERIOD AND AMOUNT
- The training or education for which you are seeking funding must take place between May 15, 2021, and Dec 30, 2021.
- The $5,000 award may be paid to the institution or organization providing the program. It may include travel expenses
In all publicity, websites, printed or production materials related to the grant project, the recipient must credit the St. Petersburg Art Alliance for support.
Grantee is responsible for submitting a final report with examples of the results of the grant project within 30 days of the completion of the project to the St. Petersburg Arts Alliance.
All grant recipients are considered independent contractors, and will receive a 1099. Recipients are responsible for any tax obligations under federal, state or local laws. You are required to submit an IRS W-9 form before we can issue a check.
- Registration cost/Fees
- Materials/Supplies: Purchase of materials and supplies that are necessary for the completion or production of NEW work as part of the professional development program
- Equipment: Equipment purchases must be directly related to the creation of NEW original artwork. Specifications regarding product description, supplier and cost must be attached.
- Expenses that are not reimbursable include but are not limited to alcoholic beverages, vehicle rentals, personal rent, entertainment, gratuities, or meals.
REVIEW CRITERIA, SCORING
A selection committee that includes professional artists, educators, arts administrators or professionals in art-related fields will evaluate the grant applications. A total of 100 points is possible with 70 points required for funding consideration. Funding decisions will be based on the following:
- Professional resume, including education, artistic training, and level of achievement and/or evidence of commitment to personal artistic development (25 points)
- Completeness and clarity of the application (25 points)
- Artistic excellence as demonstrated by the work sample(s) submitted (50 points)
INDIVIDUAL ARTIST APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Please submit your completed application with links to your work via the online application form.
- Describe the training/education for which you are seeking funds. (300 words max.)
- Attach resume and project budget.
- Submit three images of your artwork. Label each image with your name for ease of review by the judging panel.
Applications and these items should be received before
APRIL 16, 2021 at 5:00 PM
THERE WILL BE NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS GRANTED.