Self-employment is empowering – if you do it right. Artists, musicians, writers, and freelancers, find out what you need to know to get started or to grow your own business. We will present the tools you need enabling you to establish your business so that you qualify for business assistance from the city and county.
- Why you should make the time to become a real business - benefits.
- What is a freelancer? What is a 1099?
- What is needed to become an LLC, sole proprietorship or incorporate (S Corp), and what are the differences/benefits.
- How to register with the state and get an EIN number.
- How to create a bank account.
- How to renew with the state each year, when, cost, etc.
- How to register your business with the City (when, cost).
- What are self-employment taxes?
- Invoicing and cashflow. Quickbooks or Excel? Do it yourself or hire a bookkeeper?
- Insurance for your business and for you! Liability Insurance that is needed, for example for muralists.
This webinar will be led by Eve Epstein, a fourth generation St. Petersburg native. Her great-grandfather and grandfather were small business owners in St. Petersburg. Most of her family in Tampa Bay were – and many still currently are – educators. She is passionate about educating and developing future business leaders in her hometown, driven by a mission to foster economic independence and innovation by enabling independent workers to access traditional benefits and work without an employer.
Eve is the founder and CEO of SoleVenture. The SoleVenture platform provides freelancers with the infrastructure they need to build and grow their businesses including entity formation assistance; billing and invoicing support; access to business insurances and the personal benefits of traditional employment, including health, dental, vision, and limited medical plans; and retirement and savings accounts.
- $10.00 reduced registration fee by support from Bank of America.
- Free for Arts Business Partners.