The Friends of the Jack Kerouac House, Inc is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation established in St. Petersburg to acquire and restore the last residence of one of the greatest writers of the 20th Century.
We are currently in need of volunteers to assist in these positions:
- Treasurer: Bookkeeping and basic accounting for a non-profit corporation.
- Groundskeeping, General Carpentry and Repair work.
- Grant Writing and Research
- Public Relations Manager
- Secretary: Record Board Minutes, Corporate Documents management, Official Correspondence, Email Management, confirm attendance at meetings.
- Executive Director: Schedule board meetings, carry out the decisions of the board, communicate with local City officials and Chambers of Commerce.
- Social Media Management and creation of content for various platforms
- Marketing and Promotion of charity mission, upcoming events, finding donations and
business partnerships, creations of editorial releases, distribution of promo materials.
- Flyer Handout Team to distribute event posters
- Pro-Bono Legal council, Copyright Lawyer and Business Lawyer
- Cultural Anthropologist
- Historical Preservation Specialist
- Interior Designers or Set Designers
- Volunteer Coordinator and General Event Staff who can work 2-3 hrs in shifts during event nights or vendor markets
- Event Photography and Videography
- Local Artists familiar with Logo Design, Graphic Design, Web Design and Screen Printing on T-shirts and novelty items.
- Board Members with time available to contribute to our mission and attend in person or over the phone Board Meetings that take place once a month
- Those with previous experience with formation and running of non-profit organizations, historical properties, museum or gallery curation.
Interested volunteers can email Kerouachouse@gmail.com with your contact information, hours and days a week you can work, position(s) you are applying for and a CV, description of skill sets or short bio. Use the subject line “Volunteer Application.”
For general inquiries email Kerouachouse@gmail.com or call FOJKH Secretary James Hartzell at 404-444-5618.