Deadline: August 26
St. Louis Lambert International Airport is seeking qualifications from artists and artist teams to create an original work of art for a highly visible two-story wall in the C-Concourse Checkpoint/Exit area of Terminal 1.
The project coincides with the 100-year anniversary of aviation at the current Airport site. The project will provide a new focal point for visitors, passengers and employees as the Airport celebrates its extensive past and bright future.
The budget for the project is $200,000.
The goals for the 2020 Legacy Project are to:
- Reflect, juxtapose or otherwise create a dialogue with the iconic design, modern grandeur, celebration of air travel and formal relationship to flight and aerodynamics provided by the context of the Yamasaki-designed Terminal 1 building.
- Enhance the environment and provide a focal point for passengers waiting in the security queue.
- Continue the spirit of innovation and forward thinking that led Albert Bond Lambert to begin the airport in 1920.
- Celebrate 100 years of the Airport as a link between the region and the world.
- Work at the scale of the space.
Details and an online application can be found here.