Creating Opportunities for Pinellas Students
• This is not a new tax. It was first approved by voters in 2004, renewed in 2008 & 2012.
• Every penny collected through the Referendum is locally controlled and goes to Pinellas County teachers and students.
• An independent committee oversees Referendum spending to ensure that funds are spent as voters intended.
• 80% of Referendum revenue supplements teacher salaries, showing the high value the district places on quality teachers
• Each year, thousands of students participate in Referendum-funded field trips to museums and art centers.
• All schools now have digital art labs offering courses like drawing, photography, stop-motion animation and Adobe Illustrator.
• Equitable music instruction is provided in all elementary schools.
• Middle and High Schools offer a wide variety of Performing Arts electives including band, chorus, orchestra, guitar, digital music, theater and dance.
• Robust guitar programs and revived Orchestra programs are now available electives. HS bands have been outfitted with new uniforms.
• Reading programs, current textbooks and technology are provided with funds.
Artwork by Pinellas County student Maddie Mondok, “The Color of Jazz”