The Florida Holocaust Museum in downtown St. Petersburg is seeking a Part-time Security Officer.
This position is responsible for the protection, safeguarding and security of assets, personnel and all visitors. Part-time position, 30 hours per week.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing security patrols on the floor and exterior of the Museum
- Protecting property from theft, sabotage, fire and accidents
- Investigates and writes reports (when necessary) on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards and other security related situations
- Provide any needed assistance to visitors and employees within the museum’s procedures
- Monitor Museum security cameras
- Check visitors in the Museum by use of metal detector and x-ray equipment
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and the public
- Must be able to understand and follow standard operating procedures
- Perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Write and investigate required reports
- Make independent and good judgment decisions within museum policy and procedures
Must have a Florida class D Security License. High school graduate. Preferably military veteran or law enforcement experience.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com, fax resume to 727-894-8096, or drop off resume in person at The FHM’s security desk.