Deadline: August 31 5:00 PM
The Volunteer Coordinator plays a critical role engaging the community as volunteers during the First Night St Pete event. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, training, recognition and overall management of volunteers.
This position serves as an important liaison between staff and volunteers, with a key role in building collaboration to reach the goals of First Night St Pete. In addition, s/he maintains volunteer records, coordinates volunteer schedules, and performs other related duties.
Job Type: Seasonal October 1 to January 5
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement the First Night St Pete volunteer sign up initiatives.
- Assists Executive Director with some event coordination
- Respond to phone, email and in-person inquiries regarding the volunteer program.
- Assists Director and Executive Board with phone calls and inquiries in December.
- Organize and conduct the orientation and training of volunteers and update training materials and programs as needed.
- Maintain volunteer records on shared google drive and coordinate volunteer schedules, noting special skills and interests.
- Prepare operational reports for Board meetings.
- Coordinates all aspects of volunteers during the night of the event.
- Create and implement recognition opportunities and events to honor volunteer contributions via social media and digital newsletters.
- Fulfill tabling and or speaking engagements relating to the volunteer program and community outreach.
- Responsible for shipping buttons out to attendees (November 15th to December 26th) and creating a Will Call list for all purchases made after December 26th at 5:00 p.m. to be accessible during the event.
- Assists the Director and Board in fundraising events.
Create bi-weekly updates on Volunteer Coordinator timelines October 15th to December 28th.
- Is responsible for identifying and packing supplies needed at the Main Tent (headquarters), at participating venues where volunteers are present and at outreach events.
- Assists Director in retrieving and storing First Night supplies and materials from Storage facility.
- Seeks out outreach opportunities and coordinates volunteers to attend them (includes Saturday morning market every Saturday throughout December).
- Assists Executive Director with Social Media and Marketing.
For information on the job click here.
For more information on the First Night St Pete event click here.