Deadline: September 17
Commitment to EDI in our casting-
- At American Stage, we see the empty space as an opportunity for social change & civilized discourse to occur --one of the few sacred places left in a far too noisy, often divided, world where human beings can still sit in the quiet dark together, think a while, & be awakened. To gain a richer connection to the fragility of beauty & pain that exists in all art & life.
Theater of, by, and for all people. Artist-driven, radically inclusive, and fundamentally democratic. Through artistic excellence and the craft of storytelling, American Stage is committed to creating a safe space for multicultural artists to share their full humanity, as we come back to the theatre at this exciting but challenging time. We choose to create a new American Stage that enriches and embodies the rich diversity and cultural tapestry of America and truly reflects the American experience.
- American Stage is seeking Equity and professional Non-Equity actors for our 2021-2022 Season. All work will be in accordance with our COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines. There is payment for all roles, and all roles are available. We are committed to providing opportunities for BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ actors throughout our entire season. BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ actors are strongly encouraged to apply for all shows in our season. American Stage can provide housing to out-of-town actors.
About American Stage:
- Since 1977 American Stage has been dedicated to telling meaningful, compelling stories with integrity and professionalism. As the Tampa Bay area’s longest-running, most critically-acclaimed professional theatre company, we seek to bring the power of quality live theatre to each generation in our community.
As we move into our next exciting era, American Stage is committed to being a vital arts leader and contributing to the cultural landscape of the Tampa Bay region as we pursue innovative programming and deeper connections with our patrons and community partners. Because we believe that live theatre can connect us to our world and to one another, we aspire to make the experience of world-class theatre accessible to all.
American Stage invites you to lean forward and experience the most captivating stories of the moment and the most relevant stories of the past. All told with passion and a commitment to excellence.
Productions and Dates:
- THE ODD COUPLE by Neil Simon
- JACOB MARLEY’S CHRISTMAS CAROL by Tom Mula
- SCHOOL GIRLS, OR THE AFRICAN MEAN GIRLS PLAY by Jocelyn Bioh
- FOOTLOOSE THE MUSICAL by Tom Snow, Dean Pitchford, and Walter Bobbie
- THE DUTCHMAN by Amiri Baraka
Runs: 6/29/22 - 7/31/22
Video Auditions are now being accepted. Please prepare two contrasting monologues that are no longer than 3 minutes total. You may include 16 bars (or 1 minute) of a song if you wish to be considered for Footloose. We encourage actors to make bold choices and use the video to its fullest capability as storytellers. We are seeking energetic actors who have active, imaginative storytelling skills and can play a variety of characters. Callbacks will be scheduled at a later date.
Please fill out the audition submission form, and submit a copy of your headshot & resume along with your video submission link there.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.