Application Deadline: Friday, March 29, 5 pm
The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance is partnering with the City of St. Petersburg’s Office of Cultural Affairs and the Arts Advisory Committee to establish an Individual Artist Grant Program for 2019. The grants are intended to provide financial assistance to City of St. Petersburg resident artists for specific projects.
Be creative! This grant program is designed to support public engagement of individual artists’ work in the Visual/Craft Arts, Dance, Music, Theater or Literature.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Artists who have received an award within the past 2 years are not eligible for 2019 Grant funds.
- Applicant must be a legal resident of City of St. Petersburg and is expected to continue their residency in the City of St. Petersburg following the grant award.
- Students pursuing any degree or full-time faculty in higher education are not eligible.
- “Accomplished” status may be determined by artistic resume, training, or achievement, catalogs, programs, press clips, articles.
- The applicant’s resume must show commitment to the art form through education, training or professional experience, and must show evidence of exhibition, public performance or being published during the past two years.
- Non-profit arts organizations should apply to the City of St. Petersburg’s Arts Grants Program.
GRANT PERIOD AND AMOUNT
- The grant period is April 22, 2019 through August 16, 2019.
- You may request funding for $1,000.
- All projects should have an August 16, 2019 end date; HOWEVER, the date may be extended if a community engagement part of the program must occur after that date.
- Grant funds may not be requested for expenditures prior to April 22, 2019.
In all publicity, websites, printed or production materials related to the grant project, the recipient must credit the City of St. Petersburg Office of Cultural Affairs and the St. Petersburg Art Alliance for support in the same font size, or larger, as any other sponsors.
Grantees are responsible for submitting a final report with examples of the results of the grant project within 30 days of the completion of the project to the St. Petersburg Arts Alliance.
All grant recipients are considered independent contractors, and will receive a 1099. Recipients are responsible for any tax obligations under federal, state or local laws. You are required to submit an IRS W-9 form before we can issue a check.
PRESENTATION/DOCUMENTATION: Costs related to producing materials such as slides, discs, catalogs, portfolios, demo tapes, manuscripts, music charts, etc.
SERVICES: Rental of facilities for the presentation/production of NEW work.
MATERIALS/SUPPLIES: Purchase of materials and supplies that are necessary for the completion or production of NEW work.
EQUIPMENT: Equipment purchases must be directly related to the creation of NEW original artwork. Specifications regarding product description, supplier and cost must be attached.
EXCLUSIONS: Expenses that are not reimbursable include but are not limited to alcoholic beverages, vehicle rentals, personal rent, entertainment, gratuities or meals.
REVIEW CRITERIA, SCORING
To evaluate grant applications, jury members may be professional artists, writers, educators, arts administrators or professionals in art-related fields. A total of 100 points is possible with 70 points required for funding consideration. Funding decisions will be based on the following:
Professional resume, including education, artistic training, and level of achievement and/or evidence of commitment to personal artistic development (20 points)
Impact of the proposed project on the local community (20 points)
Completeness and clarity of the application. The reasonable likelihood that the project can be completed based on the itemized budget and proposed timeline. The Individual Artists Grant should not be the sole source of funding for the project. Other funds may come from, other grants, gifts, personal savings, etc. (30 points)
Artistic excellence as demonstrated by the work sample(s) submitted (30 points)
Download the Application Form here.
- Applications must be received (not postmarked) in the St. Petersburg Arts Alliance office, 100 2nd Ave. N, Suite 150, St. Petersburg FL 33701, by Friday, March 29, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.