Our annual celebration of mural art and mural artists added more colors to our vibrant cityscape.
During one week in October for SHINE 2017, artists from around the world – and from St. Petersburg – gathered to create 17 new murals and 7 Bright Spots in our city.
Bright Spots are Community Engagement Projects, and this year include:
• Corner Canvas – 12 Traffic Signal Boxes wrapped with art
• The Outside-In Art Gallery in Behar + Peteranecz Architecture’s warehouse and headquarters
• THE GOLDEN ONE – an office building at USF St. Petersburg completely painted in a surround mural
• DREAM BIG – BE BIG – a mural with Big Brothers Big Sisters & The Florida Dream Center at Child’s Park Recreational Center.
• The READ Mural at John Hopkins Middle School
• CLEAN – another national Laundry Project work, beautifying a neighborhood meeting place
• CARMADA – a Painted Car Exhibition
These join our ongoing:
Mural Walking Tours by Florida CraftArt
Tour de Shine bicycle tours by Art Tours
Documentary Film on the 22nd St. South Legacy Mural project
Accessible Audible SHINE Mural Tour, bringing Shine to sight and hearing impaired visitors, and armchair travelers around the world.
Find out more about 2017’s SHINE Mural Festival.